After a particularly severe cold spell, we’re delighted to see the arrival of sunshine and warmer temperatures. It looks like spring is here! Traditionally a time for deep cleaning, spring is when we look to get our house in order after our winter hibernation – and what better way to kick-start the season than with a kitchen revamp?
Nothing signifies spring better than flowers, bright colours and light – the perfect inspiration for a new kitchen design or to refresh a tired kitchen. The aim is to brighten your space, let the light in and enjoy your house with a renewed sense of vigour.
If you’re looking for spring-inspired ideas, check out our five tips for your kitchen design and décor:
- Light it up: When it comes to interior design, your use of lighting is crucial in creating that all important ‘wow’ factor and shouldn’t be treated as an afterthought. Clever use of light in the right places can create an uplifting sense of style and space, perfect for entertaining now the weather is warming up. From units with LED-lit backs to illuminated shelves, our designers have a ‘toolkit’ of ingenious ideas.
- Colour, colour and more colour: Greens, yellows, pinks, pastels in every hue all shout spring! These colours are on-trend and can be added to your kitchen to create warmth and interest. For a splash of colour, painting one wall is a quick and inexpensive way to update your kitchen, or you could add a vibrant glass splashback behind the hob. If you’re considering a new kitchen, cupboard doors are now available in a myriad of colours and finishes from manufacturers like Mobalpa.
- The finishing touches: Open shelving is particularly popular this year and is a great way to create a country-cottage feel. This design feature also offers an opportunity to display co-ordinated crockery in spring colours such as leaf green or mint. Open shelves are great for holding plants and vases of spring flowers, bringing the outside in.
- Flower-power: Flowery fabrics in spring colours can refresh even the dullest kitchen, great for use on blinds and tablecloths. Upholstered breakfast-bar stools or chairs are also a subtle way to incorporate pattern and tint without committing to a long-term colour scheme.
- Get sorted: Make your spring cleaning easier with well-organised cupboards. The latest kitchen accessories and organisers are an ideal way to get ordered and stay that way. These inventive ideas range from drawers with modular dividers to integrated recycling units.
If the warmer weather has inspired you to change your kitchen, give us a call on 01959 457008 to discuss how we can transform your space using light and colour.