The smart kitchen appliances that really can make your life easier
As with every other part of life, Smart technology is changing the way we use our kitchens. With technology advances and revolutionary products being introduced, the ways in which we cook and manage our homes are adapting at a rapid pace.
Smart technology has been used to enhance and improve a wide range of different kitchen appliances including ovens, fridges, microwaves and more. These smart appliances are more expensive, but they can offer you so much more, making your life easier.
Ovens are one of the focal appliances of any kitchen – and now with so much choice available, you can find some amazing smart ovens that don’t just look more sleek and stylish, they also offer faster more smooth cooking and heat, and come with many gadgets and gizmos:
- Control your oven with your phone – most smart ovens now come with associated apps that allow you to control some aspects of your cooking, allowing you to adjust oven temperature and timings while you’re out and about. This could be handy to warm up your oven before you get home from work, or if you encounter delays when you’ve left dinner cooking.
- Voice activated control – as with most gadgets in your household these days, you can talk to your oven – telling it to turn on, change the temperature, or you can ask how long until dinner’s ready.
- Watch your food cook – some smart ovens come complete with a built-in camera which sends an image to your phone so you can check the progress of your dish. This is the perfect gadget when cooking a cake or souffle, when opening the oven door and can cause disaster!
- Link your oven to your recipe – smart ovens such as the Siemens have a full recipe app linked up which automatically adjusts your oven to the right settings.
The Smarter Fridge
Imagine never forgetting an item at the supermarket again? Or not having to continually monitor and check the expiration date on your fresh food? The functions of a modern refrigerator can now go way beyond just being able to make ice.
Today’s Smart Refrigerators come with a variety of features and options from which to choose. Here are just some of the ways a hi-tech fridge can help:
- Search the internet for a recipe
- Create a grocery list that syncs with your smartphone
- Notify you of upcoming food product expiration dates
- Customize temperature by drawer or compartment
- Alert you when water or filters need to be changed
- Allow you to view the inside of the refrigerator from a smartphone to inventory items remotely
- Allow you to replace calendars, whiteboards, and physical notes by storing all on a touchscreen
Clean and smart
Smart washing machines might not be as well-known as the ovens and fridges right now, but more innovative features are continuously being developed and introduced to not only make using your washing machine easier and improve its performance, but to also help reduce errors and problems to save you money in the long run.
Features can include innovative drums that can automatically detect the load you have and choose the best cycle. It can also use this feature to choose the right level of detergent you need based on the load and the level of dirt and stains you need to wash out.
Making your life easier
And it’s not just the larger smart kitchen appliances, grills and frying pans have also been made intelligent. These appliances can decide when your food is cooked based on weight and density to save you guessing or over cooking.
And even more futuristic and not quite yet mainstream, but you can now purchase Bluetooth enabled cutlery – this helps you to lose weight by alerting you if you are eating too quickly.
And the final word in luxury, you can set your Fitbit to activate your coffee maker as soon as it registers you are awake so you have freshly made coffee as soon as you step out of bed!
At Ruach we offer the market-leading brands in Smart kitchen appliances including Miele, Neff and Siemens that will enhance your kitchen. To talk to one of our professional kitchen designers, you can book an online consultations via Skype and Zoom, or via the phone if you prefer. All these appointments can be booked on our website